A Message from the President
Welcome to the Carolinas Chapter of CoreNet Global. The mission of the Chapter is to connect
groups of professionals, end users and service providers in order to advance
personal excellence and add value to each individual and their respective enterprises. Our chapter accomplishes our mission through facilitating and sponsoring a variety of diversified programs that provide our members and sponsors educational and networking opportunities.
For 2016, we saw the chapter continue to grow, surpassing over 300 members; we held our first annual CORE Awards event recognizing the top real estate professionals and projects in the Carolinas; and provided multiple opportunities to network through social and program events. I’d like to thank Tony Perez, our outgoing chapter President. for his leadership and continued commitment to the chapter.
As we look forward to 2017, we’re excited to carry forward our momentum and we’ll be focusing on the following objectives:
- Member and Sponsor Value and Engagement through our foundational chapter events. These events are held in Charlotte and Raleigh and provide our chapter members and sponsors the opportunity to connect as CRE professionals. Events include:
- Networking specific events
- Young Leader events
- Community Re-investment events
- Provide Industry Leading Programs addressing the latest Corporate Real Estate topics with industry experts. The chapter holds quarterly programs and annually hosts three premier events:
- Golf and Tennis Tournament (May 2017)
- MEGA Event – Premier Chapter Program (Sept 2017)
- CORE Awards Recognition Dinner (Nov 2017)
- Professional Development through CoreNet Global sponsored classes supporting continuing education requirements and courses to achieve the MCR and SLCR designations.
We encourage all chapter members to become actively involved by attending our events or contributing your subject matter expertise in some other capacity. Should you have any comments or suggestions on how to further improve the chapter, please contact us.
It is an honor to serve as chapter President. I’m looking forward to working with a talented group of CRE professionals that make up our 2017 Board of Directors, building upon the tremendous success that our chapter has achieved in 2016.